PDA

View Full Version : Shared coordinates

Bryan Thatcher
2009-09-02, 05:59 PM
Where do I start? I have a structural model that i need to come into the architectural model at a specific location. So what would make sense to me is to bring that model into the structural model and move my model into place. I bring it in 'Auto - Origin to Origin' and try to Acquire Coordinates of the link. I get the message "The shared coordinate system of the project you selected is already synchronized with the current project". But it's not, where do I start, please, thanks.

travismv702230
2009-09-02, 06:10 PM
Did you check this thread in the "Platform" section?

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=105452

I got shared coordinates to work in my current project. And, I believe that it's easier to understand in Revit 2010. But, since it is one of those things that you only do once a project I wouldn't know what exactly to tell you. I kind of remember what I did and probably could write it down so it makes some sort of sense but I'd check that thread first...

Bryan Thatcher
2009-09-02, 06:23 PM
I'm reading through it now. But me first thought is I'm using 2009 and I haven't been able to get the Project and Survey icons to show up. I'm going to finish reading through but any other help would be great, thanks.

sbrown
2009-09-02, 06:54 PM
Bryan, those items are new to 2010 so you wont find them. You need to have your structural engineer match your coordinates not the other way round.

Bryan Thatcher
2009-09-02, 08:04 PM
There are tools on 2009 like relocate project, acquire coordinates, specify coordinates, publish coordinates. And when linking, by shared coordinates, so there has Got to be a way. I understand that the survey point and project point icons are new to 2010, bu there has to be a way to align 2 models in 2009. I create the input for RAM and 0,0 is the intersection of the left most and bottom most grid, that is not going to change.

cliff collins
2009-09-02, 08:25 PM
Have you seen this?

http://designreform.net/2009/07/09/revit-architecture-2010-2009-explained-coordinate-systems-side-by-side/

cheers..........