PDA

View Full Version : Room Tags

kkintz
2009-09-02, 07:47 PM
Hello,
I am a new revit user and I have been trying to find another forum about this subject for a while and figured maybe asking would help me get an answer faster. I'm sorry if there is something out there already. I am trying to put room tags into rooms that are masses, have sloped walls and have odd angles, sometimes putting in the room tag works and sometimes it does not. I was wondering if there was something I need to do or something I have done that is keeping me from being able to tag these rooms? It is quite irritating that something that seems this simple is not working out the way I had hoped. Hope this was clear, I understand the basic concept of the program but somethings are just a little confusing. Thanks

cliff collins
2009-09-02, 08:20 PM
1st, Rooms and Masses are two different things in Revit.

Rooms are "aware" of the Walls that form their boundaries, and/or Room Separation Lines
or even Columns, which can be "room bounding"

If the Walls which form the boundaries for the Rooms are sloping with the Edit Profile
tool, there can be problems with the Room being "enclosed" at the top edge. This may explain why some spaces in your design are not showing Rooms and/or Room Tags
properly.

See this thread:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=106598

cheers........

kkintz
2009-09-02, 08:26 PM
Sorry what I meant to say that is while I started with a mass I applied walls to the faces of the mass to create the room.
I'll look into what you were saying though, thank you.

sbrown
2009-09-03, 06:54 PM
There is a setting under level properties that you can adjust to determine the height at which revit looks for rooms. You also have to look out for other room bounding objects, ie floors or roofs that might be in your room.