PDA

View Full Version : odd behavior

ntnik
2009-09-03, 07:55 PM
i have returned to a drawing....its a roof plan and i have lines drawn all over it to replresent gas and power lines....i select a line and it moves....the screen jumps and the line that is selected moves as if its offset....i am not drawing a line (as when you draw a line with an offset from an existing line)...i am just selecting it to drag and then it jumps.....it just started doing thins....any ideas?

and its just when i touch (select) a line that the screen jumps

ntnik
2009-09-03, 08:28 PM
i rebooted a few times and then finally after i shut down and started it works fine

patricks
2009-09-03, 09:21 PM
I have heard of this before on these forums and I believe it may be a graphics driver issue.

TroyGates
2009-09-04, 12:53 AM
You wouldn't be on an IBM Thinkpad laptop would you? I've only ever seen that happen on the Thinkpads (in my experience) and it was narrowed down to the trackpoint being buggy. A reboot always fixed it though.

twiceroadsfool
2009-09-04, 03:25 AM
You wouldn't be on an IBM Thinkpad laptop would you? I've only ever seen that happen on the Thinkpads (in my experience) and it was narrowed down to the trackpoint being buggy. A reboot always fixed it though.

Ive seen that happen on Models that have stuff 8 billion feet from the origin...

ntnik
2009-09-06, 02:55 PM
models are pretty simple.......even small ....comp is a dell studio

twiceroadsfool
2009-09-06, 06:24 PM
models are pretty simple.......even small ....comp is a dell studio

Model size/complexity has nothing to do with how close/far away it is from the origin, elusive as it may be.

mcloer
2009-09-06, 07:38 PM
Are you using dual monitors?
Go into the display settings and make sure the tops of the display arrangements are aligned.