PDA

View Full Version : Dimension to the face of core on the end of a wall

dsimmons.189339
2009-09-03, 08:41 PM
I have been seeing a problem in 2010 to dimension to the end of a wall that wraps the interior finish and not being able to place the dimension to the face of core on the end of the wall.

I know I can place a line there and dimension to it but that would defeat the purposes of the dimensioning in Revit.

Has anyone been able to dimension to the face of core on the end of a wall that wraps and if so Is their a setting to make this possible that maybe I am missing.

THANKS!!!

peterjegan
2009-09-03, 10:27 PM
You should be able to tab through your choices and find the core.

sfaust
2009-09-03, 11:16 PM
not at the end of a wall you can't. As far as I'm aware you have to do the line thing. You can dimension the line from the end of the wall and lock it, but it's still a workaround. This is a needed small enhancement...

Scott Womack
2009-09-04, 10:10 AM
not at the end of a wall you can't. As far as I'm aware you have to do the line thing. You can dimension the line from the end of the wall and lock it, but it's still a workaround. This is a needed small enhancement...

Something else to be aware of, the length od the wall is based upon the length of the centerline of the wall. Wrapping the finish on the end of a wall, does NOT adjust the length of the wall, and does not adjust the length/area of the core material either in a material schedule. I know that in the case of a GWB finish this is minuscule, but in a very large project this will add up. It is much more serious if the finish material is brick ot some other masonry material.