PDA

View Full Version : Can't duplicate a schedule key?

patricks
2009-09-03, 08:41 PM
Our template has a schedule key set up to use for a civil drainage table. Each pipe and drainage structure is just entered on a new line and all the data entered in for it.

I have a project where construction is already underway, and I'm having to revise some of the elevations and slopes of pipes, catch basins, etc. I'd like to duplicate the drainage table schedule key, but the option is not available. I can have the schedule key be a different name, but I really don't want to have to create another schedule key from scratch and create all the fields again.

TroyGates
2009-09-04, 12:49 AM
Its a clumsy work around and might be faster to create a new schedule key, but you can create an empty project and insert from file the existing key schedule from your project, rename the schedule and parameters in the new project, and finally insert from file back into your main project.

patricks
2009-09-04, 02:57 PM
Yes that worked. It was by far faster this way, because I had LOTS of columns and rows that I would have had to duplicate manually otherwise.

I just put a "2" at the end of each field name and the key schedule name, and then changed the column names in the schedule formatting to display the original field names.