PDA

View Full Version : dimension help

yanyan77
2009-09-03, 09:10 PM
How to make dimension not in 90 degree. In CAD you can edit dimension, but how about Revit

patricks
2009-09-04, 04:02 PM
Not sure what you're asking. Do you want dimensions in a 3D view? Or do you want the inch dimensions to not have a 0 feet before the inches?

Also, all caps is generally regarded as shouting on the internet. No need to shout here. :)

yanyan77
2009-09-04, 05:34 PM
Not sure what you're asking. Do you want dimensions in a 3D view? Or do you want the inch dimensions to not have a 0 feet before the inches?

Also, all caps is generally regarded as shouting on the internet. No need to shout here. :)

sorry. i want the dimension 2'4" as shown in the file, which is not in 90 degree angle. you can edit ur dimension in CAD , but I do not know if you can edit it in revit.

yanyan77
2009-09-09, 05:52 PM
NO ONE KNOWS THIS????

William Troeak
2009-09-09, 06:03 PM
NO ONE KNOWS THIS????

Try restating your question! Or even better open up AutoCAD and create an example of what you want and I am sure someone will respond with an answer!

dhurtubise
2009-09-09, 06:28 PM
Use a Linear Dimension Style to keep the dimension from being angled. You might need to TAB to select a specific point.

jeh.212740
2009-09-09, 08:00 PM
Set your work plan to a grid instead of a level prior to applying your vertical dimensions, what happens is that your dimensions will be placed on work plan.

yanyan77
2009-09-09, 08:35 PM
Try restating your question! Or even better open up AutoCAD and create an example of what you want and I am sure someone will respond with an answer!

I attach the cad file here, you can see how the dimension align with the elements. i am wondering if i can creat the same dimension in REVIT.

yanyan77
2009-09-09, 08:36 PM
Set your work plan to a grid instead of a level prior to applying your vertical dimensions, what happens is that your dimensions will be placed on work plan.

could you tell me how to do this in revit?

yanyan77
2009-09-10, 03:59 PM
Could you tell me how to set a work plan to a grid in Revit? thanks

sthedens
2009-09-10, 04:26 PM
Assuming yanyan is referring to a drafting view... see thumbnail to see the 90 degree issue.
It shows a Revit drafting view with the CAD drawing linked in, and Revit Aligned dimensions. I believe yanyan wants the extension lines to be parallel to the front and back lines as shown in the line-to-line dimension. However, measure the distance as the point-to-point dimension, and display the dimension line and text in a isometric arrangement as shown by the CAD drawing.

patricks
2009-09-10, 05:25 PM
Not possible in Revit with a drafting view, unless you override the dimension, but you'll have to include something else along with the dimension value like +/- or a period . before the text or something (not really a good idea in my opinion). Otherwise it won't let you enter the dimension value.

If you show an actual model view with a modeled downspout and splash block, then you can have "isometric" dimensions as you described.