PDA

View Full Version : True North is Up but I want to Rotate Project

mmiles
2009-09-04, 06:57 PM
we input our project using true north...although we never indicated which way that is. The imported survey is pointed north, which is up on the page. Our building was laid out using the site information, and runs diagnonally from SW to NE. We would like to rotate the plan views that that they run E to W on the page (that is to say the long dimension is horizontal).

Toggling between True north and project north does nothing right now. Will there be a problem establishing a "project" north that is different? I thought I could rotate the crop boundaries, but I when I select the boundaries there is not option to rotate? What should I do?

thanks....

Captainkb
2009-09-04, 07:13 PM
Each view can be set up either true north or project north. Depending on which setting is used you can rotate a view based on either PN or TN. Tools - Project Position/Orientation - Rotate True north or Project North. This command will give you the rotate function.

We always start project north, than if needed based on the building geometry we change if needed to a true north. Mostly it is changed on the site plan to true north.

More items at the bottom - Similar Threads

Kirk