PDA

View Full Version : ceiling...

ntnik
2009-09-07, 09:55 PM
i had my ceiling on the angle just like i wanted it was an in place family...i want to make a 2x4 ACT ceiling on an angle now....it will not let me use the previous reference plane as before....and there is no slope arrow...i want the ceiling pattern to match and be editable

aaronrumple
2009-09-08, 01:29 PM
i had my ceiling on the angle just like i wanted it was an in place family...i want to make a 2x4 ACT ceiling on an angle now....it will not let me use the previous reference plane as before....and there is no slope arrow...i want the ceiling pattern to match and be editable

Not enough information. So this was an in-place family before? What happend to it? All you should have had to do is paint the surface with the correct material.

Is this going to be a single sloped ceiling? Then you didn't need an in-place family (and really didn't want one.) The slope arrow is available on standard ceilings - not in-place ceilings.

Sounds like the reference plane might have been embeded in the in-place family. Ref. planes made inside an in-place family are not available for use outside the family.