PDA

View Full Version : Area schemes in Revit

Joseph TVM
2009-09-08, 01:12 AM
Hi

I just need to know that is it possible to change or customize the default settings for room areas in revit. It would be simply great if its possible. We use the drawings for space management and the different category of spaces considered by revit does not match with ours. So if any alterations possible in considering categories?????

Bejoy
Cad Engineer

sbrown
2009-09-08, 07:30 PM
This has been on the wishlist since Release 1.0. It was one of the first things we asked for. I guess its gone quiet for so long they forgot about it.

Joseph TVM
2009-09-09, 01:59 AM
Any chance that this can be done?? Because space management is quite essential in contemporary construction environment..

harrisbrett
2009-09-09, 03:57 AM
Just add a custom parameter and then you can type in whatever you want to match your categories. Change your schedule if you are using one to add in the parameter and you'll be able to sort by it or whatever else you need from it.

EDIT: I think I might have misread your post, but if you are referring the boundaries created by default in area plans from pick walls method then no like said above they arent customizable. You'll have to manually place your boundary lines if you want greater control.

dhurtubise
2009-09-09, 03:44 PM
And to add to that post, be careful because Rooms are not Area.
If you are referring to the BOMA rules then no it's impossible to modify/add any.

Joseph TVM
2009-09-10, 01:25 AM
ThankYou all for your replies. Hope that in later versions they incorporate the customizable area schemes.

Scott Womack
2009-09-10, 10:42 AM
ThankYou all for your replies. Hope that in later versions they incorporate the customizable area schemes.

They are customizable now, if you manually draw the area boundary lines. YOU have to fully understand the BOMA rules etc. to accurately create the schemes.
8)

Joseph TVM
2009-09-11, 02:39 AM
Actually what I meant was that while I create the area plan Can it automatically create the boundaries I want it to create according to the scheme that I am proposing?? Is the scheme customizable or can I use a macro program for this purpose?

dhurtubise
2009-09-11, 01:30 PM
Only the Gross Building scheme will create toue external boundary automaticlly. Unless you need to follow the BOMA rules you will have to do it manually.

harrisbrett
2009-09-11, 04:38 PM
Not all the BOMA rules are correct within Revit. Be careful of that because some things do not follow the rules, for example the 50% glazing rule.