PDA

View Full Version : Revit Layers

ehull33
2009-09-08, 02:33 PM
I understand there are no 'layers' in revit, however there are the 'bring to front' 'send to back' etc. options that allow you to prioritize family items in your drawings. I am wondering if there is a way to consistantly prioritize a family item to the front? For instance any time the family item appears in a drawing it would show up on top of all other family items as if it is locked on top, Similar to how the annotations stay on the top. If anyone has any insight please let me know. Thanks.

sbrown
2009-09-08, 03:20 PM
In the family you need to add ref. planes in elevation for the height above the floor. your geometry or masking region/symbol lines would be drawn on that ref. plane. So anything below that height would be hidden.

Andre Carvalho
2009-09-08, 10:19 PM
...and to be able to draw elements on a reference plane as Scott mentioned above, you have to name them. Once a reference plane has a name (do it under its properties dialog box), you will find them listed under workplanes to host your elements.

Andre Carvalho

dhurtubise
2009-09-08, 10:27 PM
You don't absolutely need to name it, just select it when prompted for a ref plane.
Best practices says name it because any ref plane without a name is subject to deletion without question :-)

ehull33
2009-09-11, 08:17 PM
I appreciate the responses. Much help.

Thank you