PDA

View Full Version : transom above partition wall

mj2
2009-09-08, 04:18 PM
I'm trying to create a wall which has an 8' gypsum partition on the lower part of the wall and a glass transom above for the remaining height. I'm running into problems because the height varies from floor to floor.

So far I've tried two different methods:

1 - using a sweep, which works for a constant glass height, but not for varying heights (to use this method, it looks like I would need to create a different sweep, and a different wall type for each of the wall heights.)

2 - embedding glass into the wall type and unlocking the top section contraints in the edit assembly dialogue and changing the height in the element properties dialogue. However, using this method I cannot get the glass material to display as glass.

Any advice?

aaronrumple
2009-09-08, 04:58 PM
I'm trying to create a wall which has an 8' gypsum partition on the lower part of the wall and a glass transom above for the remaining height. I'm running into problems because the height varies from floor to floor.

So far I've tried two different methods:

1 - using a sweep, which works for a constant glass height, but not for varying heights (to use this method, it looks like I would need to create a different sweep, and a different wall type for each of the wall heights.)

2 - embedding glass into the wall type and unlocking the top section contraints in the edit assembly dialogue and changing the height in the element properties dialogue. However, using this method I cannot get the glass material to display as glass.

Any advice?

Stack 2 walls with standard partition below and curtain wall above.... I wouldn't draw them as one wall.

mj2
2009-09-08, 05:43 PM
Thanks, we originally set up two stacked walls, but we couldn't easily add, delete or move the upper portion of the wall when we made changed to the lower portion so we were trying to combine them. However, we might end up just sticking to the original method...