PDA

View Full Version : Walkthrough - Animation "Flicker"

saeborne
2009-09-10, 04:12 AM
Hi All,

Searching through this forum, it appears that there is a consensus on producing higher quality walkthrough animations. Now, I'm talking about "Shaded with Edges" views, not fully rendered animations... Those would take FOREVER.

From various threads, it appears that the advice is to export the walkthrough as JPEGs of each frame, and "stitch" them together in movie editing software, like adobe premiere. No problem. Following these instructions, I've been able to get decent quality on each frame.

BUT... When I export to jpeg, the line work is not anti-aliased... Meaning a diagonal black line is jagged and pixelated. It's either a black pixel, or a white pixel... no shades of gray.

What this means, is that when two frames are next to each other, the animated result is "flickery," not smooth like I would ordinarily expect. Does anyone know of a way to export anti aliased stills in Walkthrough?

I imagine printing PDF's might work, but I certainly can't print 1440 frames manually. That would take me too long.

Thanks in advance, for your help.

Bryan

PS... still using 2009 atm.

dhurtubise
2009-09-10, 12:24 PM
Don't think you can achieve that in 09 and the new anti-aliased option is only for screen view i believe.
What about using something like 3dsmax?