PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Files from 2009 to 2010

mbeham
2009-09-10, 02:12 PM
Ok so heres the deal, we have not went to 2010 because of various reasons but i have been testing upgrading files from 2009 to 2010 and am finding some bad results. On the architectural side i have noticed that all masking regions either went all the way behind or are not showing up in 2010. I will attach images. We've noticed issues with upgrading 2009 electrical to 2010. We havent completed our testing with struct and Mech yet but plan on doing so. The arch file is about 130MB. The issues we are seeing in MEP are much more time consuming to fix. Is anyone else seeing issues between 2009 and 2010 upgrades. I couldnt find anything on here that talked about issues with the actual files, just issues with the program. If i've missed a post i apologize. Any input on what others are seeing would be great. Have you had to fix things once upgrade?

mbeham
2009-09-10, 04:13 PM
looks like this is an issue with dwf export not upgrade...i back checked the arch files i will have to notify the other person doing the MEP to backcheck those as well. We were using the new feature to compare sheets in ADR 2010, and it was picking up all the differences, ie the masking regions. When looking into the file to verify, i found that its just the exported file. Sorry for the confusion. This also happens when printing to pdf.....I've tried two files now and have the same result.

Scott Womack
2009-09-12, 03:54 PM
looks like this is an issue with dwf export not upgrade...i back checked the arch files i will have to notify the other person doing the MEP to backcheck those as well. We were using the new feature to compare sheets in ADR 2010, and it was picking up all the differences, ie the masking regions. When looking into the file to verify, i found that its just the exported file. Sorry for the confusion. This also happens when printing to pdf.....I've tried two files now and have the same result.

Did you install the WU1 patch? this fixed 99% of the plotting to PDF issues, and using Raster printing, fixed the remainder.

mbeham
2009-09-14, 01:09 PM
Is that on subscription? I cant seem to find the patch for WU1. I have WU1 installed.

brethomp
2009-09-14, 01:22 PM
It's actually just called "Update 1" this time around (new name with every patch). There is a link to the download in the first pinned thread of this forum.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=104114

mbeham
2009-09-14, 01:24 PM
So since i already have the WU1 installed its probably not the patch that needs to fix this. I installed WU1 when it came out in July. Unless they have changed it since...

Andre Carvalho
2009-09-14, 01:33 PM
So since i already have the WU1 installed its probably not the patch that needs to fix this. I installed WU1 when it came out in July. Unless they have changed it since...

No it's still the same. Try Scott's suggestion of printing as Raster instead of as vector. Also, try a different PDF creator, like CutePDF, which is free. I have had files which wouldn't print correctly in Adobe Professional, unles printed as raster. But then with CutePDF, they printed just fine (as vector)...

Andre Carvalho

mbeham
2009-09-14, 02:19 PM
Raster printing does work however it screens everything else back. So that isnt a working solution. It isnt limited to just pdf. Its also dwf that is doing it and i havent tested a real print i will do that today. I've filed a support request with Autodesk for it.