PDA

View Full Version : Linked models - elevation marks

Bryan Thatcher
2009-09-10, 09:56 PM
I'm working with a master model file with 4 structural models and an architectural model linked into it. The architectural model is our reference and all of the structural models have been moved into place (X, Y & Z) and a shared coordinated system created. The template I started with had a few elevations and a few plans. None of which have anything to do with the model. I can create new elevations in the master file, but I can't find a way to turn off the elevations from the linked file. And if I erase them from the linked file, the associated model elements get erased also. How do I go about hiding or getting rid of elevations from a linked file? Thanks.

Steve_Stafford
2009-09-10, 10:25 PM
Just to be clear...when you write elevation you don't mean elevation view annotation, you mean Levels that display elevation and floor name(s)?

If you mean levels then you can override them via Visibility/Graphics and the Revit Links tabs. The default behavior is to let your host define their visibility but you can dial in different settings. It is a view by view or view template affair.

You can also use specific worksets in each project and then specify which worksets to open when you import each file. This does mean that you can't see them at all anywhere unless you import the file again.

Pick your poison?