PDA

View Full Version : Showing structure or elements above

b.boyes
2009-09-14, 11:57 AM
I'm fairly new to Revit and still finding my around. I have a project on which I need to show the structural beams above in a dotted line. I thought of duplicating and setting the view range so all the beams are visible then use this layout as an underlay in the original floor plan.
All the walls, doors etc.. show up as half tone lines but non of the beams will display. I've now just traced model lines (overhead line pattern) over the beams instead. Is this how everyone else would do it or is there a way of achieving this without having to draw un-intelligent lines.

Scott Womack
2009-09-14, 09:09 PM
Set the Underlay to the Reflected Ceiling ofthat floor, and then use the linework tool to create hidden lines of the beams. When the Underlay is set back to none, the lines will remain. They move when the beams are moved. Only Issue is if the beams get "remade" by too much, the dashed lines in plan will disappear, and have to be redone.

b.boyes
2009-09-18, 03:38 PM
Thanks Scott..everything seems so logical when explained
Thanks again.

alexhfw
2009-09-18, 04:49 PM
Scott-

I'm assuming this is in Revit 2010. In my copy of Revit 2009 I don't see anything but floor plans available as an underlay. Am I right or missing something?

Alex

dhurtubise
2009-09-18, 09:16 PM
Just below the level you will be able to select plan or reflecting ceiling plan in the View Properties dialog