PDA

View Full Version : Placing non-cropped Elevation Views into Sheets (2009)

snowyweston
2009-09-14, 02:39 PM
When using 2008 on a previous project, we found that we didn't want to employ the view crop function in sheet views; we wanted our long elevations (and sections) to export in their (unbroken) entirety to the .dwg model space (we needed them for other, at the time CAD only, purposes) and we used viewports in paper space as a workaround...

I have just gone to do the same in 2009 - where I have a long section "bleeding" over the sheet view's main extents - expecting to see the whole elevation in the model space in the .dwg. But now, unless I'm doing something different (I don't think I am) Revit is cropping the export of parts of the model view that "overrun" the sheet - so I get view annotations and such come through, but no model - thus defeating the aim.

We still do a lot of post-export CAD work, principally because of resourcing on our projects (where the majority are not Revit literate) - and so I still need to get the elevation out "as a whole" - but would rather not export from views - at least not with elevations & sections - I can stomach the agony of doing it with plans just about (to maintain shared coordinate functionality) - but elevations? It's just a headache...

So has anyone got any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Or workarounds that can get a very long elevations (and sections) exported (in full) from a sheet view in which they'll end up cropped?