PDA

View Full Version : Wall types tagging

harrisbrett
2009-09-14, 03:05 PM
In our office, we have roughly twenty-some wall types that are typically used. Of these wall types, they can have gypsum up to the ceiling or 6" above ceiling for example. Instead of making all these various wall types, it would just use shared parameters to drive the wall tag.

What I have done is made a shared parameter that the tag reads and displays. So if the gypsum is 6" above ceiling, the user goes into the Instance properties and types in 6", so the wall tag would read XXX-6". It works just fine, but i'd like to be able to tie this text parameter to yes/no parameters. For example if its 6" above ceiling, there would be a checkbox that the user would tick and then the text parameter would automatically fill in 6".

Hope that made sense. Is this possible?

harrisbrett
2009-09-17, 12:25 PM
Anyone? Thanks.

sbrown
2009-09-17, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't do this as part of a wall tag. this is a detail that should be drawn and referenced.

twiceroadsfool
2009-09-17, 12:58 PM
Ours gets done as a Suffix to the Wall type. So our wall tag reads <parameter Type Mark><Parameter Finish Height>, where Finish Height is a Shared Instance Parameter. Theyre just letters though, A-F. Then we have the details for A-f on the General Information sheet.

harrisbrett
2009-09-17, 02:37 PM
Thanks Aaron. I already have it set up like yours with the shared parameter as a suffix on the wall tag to the type mark. The only thing i was wondering was if a yes/no checkbox in the wall properties could drive the shared parameter value. Right its just a manual entry. Although this works fine.

Ex., user ticks the checkbox for 'Underside of Ceiling' and now shared parameter value is now = US/C.

twiceroadsfool
2009-09-17, 02:41 PM
Thats why we simply use A-F. Its one letter, instead of 5 check boxes... Then the detail is covered on the General Info. :)

harrisbrett
2009-09-17, 02:51 PM
Good Call. Thanks for the help.