PDA

View Full Version : Box Around Text is Printing

jcoe
2009-09-15, 11:39 AM
Has anyone encountered this?

When printing our sheet views, we have noticed that there are two sheets where the box around the text in the title block is printing. At first I thought the title block might have been selected when they were printed, but this was printed using "Selected views/ sheets."

I have attached an image to illustrate.

barathd
2009-09-15, 06:37 PM
I have the same problem - however in my case ALL text has a box around it. The problem occurs when I use an HP 5100 Laserjet printer.

jcoe
2009-11-19, 02:30 PM
To continue this discussion.

We just ran into this problem again today, except with a different project and on a different computer. What I find interesting is that this seems to happen only when we print directly from Revit. If we create a pdf first and them print, the text displays normally. Before anyone asks, this happens on all printers we sent the drawing to around the office, so I have ruled out any print driver issues. This seems to be sporatic also. If I print the same drawing to the same printer, it comes out fine.

Any additional thoughts.

funkman
2009-11-19, 09:18 PM
Try restarting revit and see if it stills happen. If it does, reboot and try again.

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-11-24, 12:05 AM
Just had a user call me up with this problem. Has anyone resolved this or been able to reproduce it consistently? Anyone arrived at conclusions or are you just printing to PDF to avoid the issue for the time being?

barathd
2009-11-24, 01:31 AM
Just had a user call me up with this problem. Has anyone resolved this or been able to reproduce it consistently? Anyone arrived at conclusions or are you just printing to PDF to avoid the issue for the time being?

I am using an HP Laserjet 5100 and it produces this result. Appears if I print multiple sheets - however if I only print a single sheet at a time (number of copies does not seem to matter) everything seems to work fine.

kyle.reynolds
2009-11-30, 04:04 PM
I had this problem for a while. As far as I could tell there was no sure fire solution or "switch" to flick to resolve this issue. The boxes only occured when I printed multiple sheets, and lineweights were also affected. It was happening on all three of our printers, including the plotter. Our original solution was to simply print the pdf's first and then print the pdf's hard copy.

However, due to some recent hardware upgrades we've stumbled upon a new "solution." We recently got a new printer (previously using an HP 5200, HP 5500 and HP 1050c Plotter, now using a Minolta C253 to replace the 5200 and 5500) and it seems to have resolved all of our issues. Multiple sheets are able to be printed with true lineweights, and no text boxes.

I should also note that we did update our revit software and the problem still occured at the HP printers and plotter. This leads me to believe it is not a glitch with Revit alone, but posibly its compatibility in some way to HP printers.

If anyone has a solution for the HP's. I would be very interested to hear it, as we still have this issue at the plotter, and will continue to have to pdf before multiple sheet plots.