PDA

View Full Version : Room Schedule

Jun Austria
2009-09-16, 04:55 AM
In my "Room Schedule" I have Floor, Wall and Ceiling Finish. My question is....
How to remove unuse specification in those columns?

arqt49
2009-09-16, 11:11 AM
If they appear in the schedule, they are in use.
But I guess that was not the question.

Andre Carvalho
2009-09-16, 12:36 PM
In my "Room Schedule" I have Floor, Wall and Ceiling Finish. My question is....
How to remove unuse specification in those columns?

If I'm not wrong I think Dave Balddachino posted how to do that on his Tips and Tricks section here on AUGI one or two days ago. It's about removing data that are not being used from parameters.

Andre Carvalho

dbaldacchino
2009-09-16, 05:32 PM
Not sure I understand the original question but perhaps this is the solution?

http://forums.augi.com/showpost.php?p=1008678&postcount=8

Jun Austria
2009-09-16, 11:08 PM
Ooops. Not really. Heres the screen capture of my problem....

dbaldacchino
2009-09-17, 02:49 AM
Similar :) That's because some of the parameter values were typed in all caps and some were not. Revit suggests them as unique values. The only way to "get rid" of that is to find which objects have the wrong input (ex: the low caps entry) and re-type it in all-caps.

To have full control, you should explore the use of Key Schedules. Then you would simply pick values from a predefined list.

Jun Austria
2009-09-17, 06:41 AM
Similar :) That's because some of the parameter values were typed in all caps and some were not. Revit suggests them as unique values. The only way to "get rid" of that is to find which objects have the wrong input (ex: the low caps entry) and re-type it in all-caps.

To have full control, you should explore the use of Key Schedules. Then you would simply pick values from a predefined list.

Thanks Dave for the tip. Key Schedules will take a while to implement here. We are still in the transition period. But we will get there eventually (using all the featues of BIM).

jlinger
2009-09-18, 12:17 PM
Could sort the schedule by Floor Finish and not itemize every instance. Then you can change all of the lower case texts into the uppercase at the same time. I've done something similar for door schedules before.