PDA

View Full Version : Views side-by-side when exporting to CAD

mj2
2009-09-17, 09:07 PM
I'm trying to export our revit plans to CAD and on one sheet we had to overlay two floorplans cut at different heights to correctly dipict the building. This is causing a problem when I go to export the sheet because the two views come in next to each other in model space (however, they are correct in paperspace).

I would like to find a way around this so that we don't have to manually move the pieces in the CAD files.

Any suggestions for addressing this within Revit?

Thanks!
mj

cporter.207875
2009-09-17, 09:18 PM
I don't believe it is possible. The views are not "on top of each other" in Revit, and there is not a button to make them land on top of each other when you export to Acad.
On a side note, what was the situation that required two cut planes to make the floor plan more accurate? Is it not something you could fix with plan regions?

tomnewsom
2009-09-21, 09:51 AM
This is exactly what Plan Regions are for - multiple cut planes in one view. This should make annotating the view much easier, because you don't have to go in and out of two seperate views.

Steve_Stafford
2009-09-21, 05:43 PM
If Revit dumped them out to CAD on top of each other they'd be pretty hard to edit? Assuming that there is any intention to change the CAD version of them at all. Side by side is the onlyl thing that makes sense really. In Revit they are separate and stacked on a sheet. In CAD they are separate and stacked in the Viewport...similar method, similar solution.