PDA

View Full Version : Shared Detail Views

The Monk
2009-09-18, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know a method for sharing a detail view on several sheets in a drawing set? When I have tried to do that I have to create a duplicate view and rename it. It seems kind of clumsy but maybe it is one of those "Revit hard wired things".

Thanks ....

Steve_Stafford
2009-09-18, 10:04 PM
When you create a new Detail View (or most others for that matter) take a look at the Options Bar. There is a Check box for Reference Other View. A Drop-Down List Box will offer a list of possible views to refer to, pick the one you've already prepared. I'm assuming that you want intelligent annotation for the similar views?

If you are asking to be able to put the same detail on multiple sheets instead of referring people to the same detail in one location with the above feature...my first response is why? But...without judging...only Legends and Schedules permit this. You could create your "detail" in a Legend View?

The Monk
2009-09-19, 06:11 PM
One of the items that we place on some drawing sheets are abbreviation lists that apply to the sheet conditon; ie floor plans, sections, etc.

We created the abbreviations in a detail view to be placed on the applicable sheets. This is the reason for a detail item to be on several sheets. Perhaps there is a better method you could suggest?

I understand the reference other views approach for details and sections. This is not that kind of condition.

Thanks,

patricks
2009-09-21, 04:00 PM
That is a job for legend views, which can be placed on multiple sheets.

Scott Womack
2009-09-21, 04:14 PM
One of the items that we place on some drawing sheets are abbreviation lists that apply to the sheet conditon; ie floor plans, sections, etc.

We created the abbreviations in a detail view to be placed on the applicable sheets. This is the reason for a detail item to be on several sheets. Perhaps there is a better method you could suggest?

This is a job for Key schedules. We create a key schedule for some obscure catagory (usually from another discipline) and then create the number of blank lines you need, and type, or copyclip from Word into those fields of that schedule. If you have a number of abbreviations, then you can go to the Revit API forum, and search on Copy from Spreadsheet. There is a free application that that will copy from Excel "cells" to fields in the Revit schedule. Schedules can be placed on multiple sheets, and are portable from Project to project.

patricks
2009-09-21, 04:29 PM
Schedule key or legend view, whatever you want to do. Depends on if you want the abbreviation list to have a view title or not. Legends can have view titles, but not view numbers. Schedules (and keys) do not have a view title.

gbrowne
2009-09-22, 03:36 PM
This is a literally a "legend" task, simple as that.

API gives me the fear. Please lets not get all complicated, like them other softwares..

The Monk
2009-09-30, 08:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your help. I am using the "Legends" method.

Thanks again ...