PDA

View Full Version : I-drop-Autodesk Seek

zanzibarbob7
2009-09-19, 05:00 PM
I can't get the I -drop to work. I have the plugin installed, accepted terms, but when I try to drag and drop in my 64 bit system, I get the eyedropped to by X'd out in Seek but full when I drag it to my project, but nothing shows up but the eyedopper is full. Meaning it's black. I had this problem before, on the last release, but can't remember how I fixed it. Help please!

ws
2009-09-20, 02:41 PM
Not much help but just to say that I checked this on my Vista 64 install of RAC 2010 and it works fine with IE7.

A bit confusing as to what you click to get to the i-drop stage but if you are seeing the dropper then it must be working.

It only works with IE browser set as default I notice, although if Chrome is set as default it just downloads the family instead.

Might be a security thing with IE.

There is an 'About i-drop' note on the front page which says, 'Vista users, add Autodesk Seek to your 'Trusted Sites' list in Internet Explorer in order to use i-drop'

zanzibarbob7
2009-09-20, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the reply William. It apparently seems to work or some items but not the ones I was trying yesterday. For instance I was trying a concert hall chair and it wouldn't load but I could get several other types to work. Maybe there is a fee for some things. don't know. Thanks.

bertini007
2009-09-21, 10:47 PM
Hi Thomas

Some of the content of the Seek site can only be iDropped onto particular types of objects. For example, if I try to iDrop a door, I’ll get a “forbidden” cursor (crossed-circle) if I’m not over a wall. Note that the iDrop will load the part into the appropriate family (in this case, doors) even if you didn't successfully drop it on an object that accepts it.

If I iDrop the door onto a wall, I get the door and I can drag it around the wall until I click to place it.

If you are having problem with particular items, it might be a content problem (maybe the manufacturer that created the original content did not specify something properly). We would be glad to know which content is giving trouble so we that we can fix it. Please send an email to seek.designers@autodesk.com and tell us what items you encountered that did not provide a good experience.

Thanks
Roberto B. Renzetti