PDA

View Full Version : Uneditable building pad

dfi
2009-09-21, 06:10 PM
I have been trying to use building pads to create a vertical drop along a harbor edge which has a complex form in plan. After finishing the building pad the pad cannot be edited nor is it recognized as a pad; it becomes topography. The only way to edit it is to erase it and redaw it. Has anyone else has this problem? Otherwise the building pad works perfectly for creating a vertical edge on a site plan.

patricks
2009-09-21, 06:15 PM
Do you have pads turned off in the view? Pads always cut out the topography below them, and then create a new piece of topography directly below it. This is for the purpose of scheduling cut/fill amounts. I often have to tab-select to select a pad in a plan view, as it always tried to select the topography below it first.

Gadget Man
2009-09-22, 08:16 AM
I often use a 3D view to select objects which are difficult to select in a plan view.

I found that it takes me usually less time to go to 3D (1 click) , select what I need and than go back to my original view (<CTRL><SHIFT><TAB>), instead of TABbing through all the available options...

Just the way I do things, I guess...

dfi
2009-09-22, 11:04 AM
I went back to try to select the building pad in other views and it worked. I just thought it was strange that when I selected the entire site with a window that I could not use the filter to select the pads.

Thanks for your help.

Gadget Man
2009-09-23, 02:25 AM
I went back to try to select the building pad in other views and it worked. I just thought it was strange that when I selected the entire site with a window that I could not use the filter to select the pads.

Thanks for your help.

Most likely because it was "covered" by other objects (e.g. topo) so in fact you didn't "select" it. If you turned on the wireframe view and than selected all it would probably show in the filter dialog...