PDA

View Full Version : Gable - wall attach problem

kimheaver
2004-11-12, 01:57 AM
Hi all,

Simple question, I'm try to attach a wall to a roof to fill a gable, but it only follows 1 slope of the roof (see image).
The framed wall sits on top of the brick wall as a separate wall.
I've done it before without a problem, if I attach the brick wall to the roof it works fine but not on the framed wall.

Is there something that I'm missing here or is there some trick to getting it to work.
The alternative is to do a edit profile but I'd rather get this to work so it doesn't bite me next time.

Thanks,
Kim

archjake
2004-11-12, 02:12 AM
I've had this problem before and don't quite remember how I fixed it. I think I played with the wall height prior to attaching it to the roof.

beegee
2004-11-12, 02:15 AM
Try selecting that wall - detach from all, then reattach to roof - work ?

kimheaver
2004-11-12, 02:59 AM
Try selecting that wall - detach from all, then reattach to roof - work ?

Nope, still the same.

Forgot to mention, this is 7.0

Regards,
Kim

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-11-12, 03:08 AM
The bottom of the wall is probably just slightly higher than the underside of the roof.
If that's the case, and assuming the exterior faces are not aligned, just drop the upper wall slightly lower and join geometry to the lower wall.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-11-12, 04:58 AM
The bottom of the wall is probably just slightly higher than the underside of the roof.
If that's the case, and assuming the exterior faces are not aligned, just drop the upper wall slightly lower and join geometry to the lower wall.

exactly, if the bottom of the wall is higher that the bottom edge of the roof, you have either lower the wall base or edit the profile.

-z

kimheaver
2004-11-12, 09:52 AM

The wall was drawn on the roof level so it should have been ok, but anyway, I dropped the bottom 50mm and it all worked.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
Kim