PDA

View Full Version : Groups & Demo Phase

gcampbell
2009-09-22, 03:26 PM
Revit 2009

I'm currently working on an existing hotel project where I have created groups for the interior individual guest rooms. All elements in those groups are set to "exisiting". I want to demolish some of those elements in the group and have it change in all the copies of that group but for some reason it's not letting me do that. I keep getting a "generic error".

The only way that I have been able to demo those elements is to not go into the edit group mode and demo the elements.....but then that only effects that particular group.
So if that is the case, I'm going to have to demo the elements in the groups indivdually and I have about 200 of those groups! Surley there is a way to have all those groups change automatically!! Please any help is greatly appreciated!

aggockel50321
2009-09-22, 05:26 PM
Groups do not preserve the phase settings of the individual elements of the groups. Rather, when a group is placed, all elements within the group assume the phase setting of the view they were placed in.

Even if you created a group of a demolished chair and table, when you place that group, the table & chair will no longer be demolished, and will take the phase setting of the view.

One way to make it work would be to create a group, less the demolished elements, and then substitute that group for the groups that are to have the elements demolished.

If all the elements in those groups were in a phase other than the present view, the new (substituted) groups would have the phase of the current view.

You could then do a furniture schedule for each phase, if you needed to show count differences.

hth