PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Grid line Problem !!!!!

kathey1
2009-09-23, 10:42 AM
Can any1 help me wih this annoying grid line problem, ive attached 2 pictures, 1 of the foundation plan and 1 of the ground floor plan.

My problem is I have a circler grid which shows perfectly on the foundation plan but doesn’t show at all on the ground floor plan !

Ive tried to extend the grid bubbles in elevation but still it wont show up
What am I doing wrong !

Cheers

Andre Carvalho
2009-09-23, 12:13 PM
Are you sure the grid category is ON for that view? Or turn on the light bulb to reveal it if it was temporarily hidden.

Andre Carvalho

djn
2009-09-23, 01:46 PM
When you tried to extend the grids in the elevation view did you extend the 3D extents (designated by a open dot at the end of the grid), or did you extend the 2D extents (designated by a solid dot). You will need to make sure that you extend the 3D extents. You can also right click a maximize the extents of the grid, to see if it shows up. Although if you do that you may have to come back and adjust the extents in you plan view.

One other thing you might try is using a scope box to control the extents of those grids. That way you don't have cut a perpendicular section all the time. Which gets annoying. The only problem with scope box is that you are limited to a rectangular shape, and the grid maximize with the rectangular shape. So for radial grids you don't get a nice radial pattern to the grid layout.

kathey1
2009-09-25, 11:38 AM
When you tried to extend the grids in the elevation view did you extend the 3D extents (designated by a open dot at the end of the grid), or did you extend the 2D extents (designated by a solid dot). You will need to make sure that you extend the 3D extents. You can also right click a maximize the extents of the grid, to see if it shows up. Although if you do that you may have to come back and adjust the extents in you plan view.

One other thing you might try is using a scope box to control the extents of those grids. That way you don't have cut a perpendicular section all the time. Which gets annoying. The only problem with scope box is that you are limited to a rectangular shape, and the grid maximize with the rectangular shape. So for radial grids you don't get a nice radial pattern to the grid layout.

the scope box trick sounds intresting but i dont really understand how to use it !

Andre Carvalho
2009-09-25, 12:18 PM
the scope box trick sounds intresting but i dont really understand how to use it !

Scope boxes are quite easy to work. Just create a scope box by selecting it from the menu (it has to be a rectangular shape) and name it. You can play with it in plan and elevations/sections like a crop region. Then you select all the grids you wan to associate with the scope box, go to properties and under the scope box option, select the named scope box you just created. Now your grids will move and adjust themselves as you adjust the scope box.

But as djn mentioned, because of the radial shape of your grids, scope boxes wouldn't make them look nice.

Andre Carvalho