PDA

View Full Version : Moving multiple curtainwall grids at the same time?

WYSIWYG-BIM
2009-09-23, 01:47 PM
Anyone ever found a way to move multiple curtainwall grids at the same time? I have a 150' CW with 5' spacing and I need to shift it all over 3' in several locations. To have to unpin each grid line and then move it (3 clicks) x's 30 grids is too many clicks! I've tried a crossing window to do a glabal unpin and it didn't work for me. I also dont think I understand how to shift the CW in plan view either by clicking on the grid icon and typing in a distance - it didn't work the way I expected it too.

Thanks.

WYSIWYG-BIM
2009-09-23, 02:58 PM
DUH! I figured it out. I do need to use the little askewed curtian wall icon that appears when I highlight the outside border of my curtainwall grid, however I need to do this in elevation and not in plan. Sometimes it measures from the left and sometimes from the right because, I think, it depends on which direction I drew my CW from. I also discovered by accident that if I dimension a segment of the grid first then I modify the grid it acts like a lock and doesn't moe that particular segment. could be handy at some time.

I do wish that the dimensions once you hit the icon showed up better as they are so faint. Must be my eyes are getting old & tired from too much cad over the years. <ugh> Anyway I am a happy camper now. :)

Andre Carvalho
2009-09-23, 04:59 PM
I do wish that the dimensions once you hit the icon showed up better as they are so faint. Must be my eyes are getting old & tired from too much cad over the years. <ugh> Anyway I am a happy camper now. :)

You can try editing the Revit .ini file to increase the size of the temporary dimensions. Maybe it will also change those curtain wall dimensions... Do a little search here in the forums about how to do it.

Andre Carvalho