PDA

View Full Version : Presetting Phases

narlee
2004-11-12, 02:48 PM
Best I can tell, you have to create an object, you have to create an object; then go back, highlight it and set the phase. The default is New Construction, but most of my stuff starts with existing conditions. It would seem natural, and not technically difficult, if one could set the phase while creating the object. Am I missing something?

Geof Narlee.

Allen Lacy
2004-11-12, 03:10 PM
Am I missing something?

Geof Narlee.
Yes, just set the view properties to the phase you want to be in before creating objects (note new terminology used by Revit for the former "placing objects").

Steve_Stafford
2004-11-12, 03:13 PM
Yes, just set the view properties to the phase you want to be in before creating objects (note new terminology used by Revit for the former "placing objects").as Allen said earlier, also If you set up your template with separate views that display each phase as current. You can quickly switch between an existing or new construction phase view to add stuff.

SCShell
2004-11-13, 01:57 AM
Hey there,

In addition, you can paste any object (or entire project or plan for that fact) into an "existing" view and it will automatically be set to the existing phase.

Good Luck
Steve Shell

narlee
2004-11-18, 09:30 PM
Thank you, gentlemen. Beers all 'round.

Geof Narlee.