PDA

View Full Version : KIP 5000 and Revit Arch 2010

techsupport.161645
2009-09-24, 12:49 PM
My office recently upgraded to Revit Arch 2010 from 2009 version and we have noticed that when we now plot to our KIP 5000 the image of our logo in our title block does not print out. Actually any image file format placed in a revit 2010 project.

We are running with the latest printer drivers available from KIP as well as the latest update for Revit Arch 2010.

I opened up an old title block file that has not been converted to 2010 in Revit Arch 2009 and it plots just fine.

I have a service call into KIP and submitted a ticket via the Autodesk Subscription site. However, Autodesk said to make sure I am running the latest printer driver which I am.

Anyone else using a KIP and having a similar problem with 2010?

Thank You

twiceroadsfool
2009-09-24, 01:06 PM
We have the same problem with the KIP 3000. But, we havent loaded the newest drivers yet (the ones released a month or so ago). Those are the ones you are using?

As a temp solution, were plotting everything to PDF and using KIP Request.

We havent gotten far with Supprt Request, since so far IT doesnt want to upgrade the KIP's drivers, LOL...

techsupport.161645
2009-09-24, 01:08 PM
Hmmm...what drivers are you running?

The ones I seen posted on KIPs website had the date of 5/20/2008.

I am the IT guy here so I am all about trying the new drivers out :-)

http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=1045

techsupport.161645
2009-09-24, 01:44 PM
The Response from Autodesk:

I apologize but the KIP drivers may not be as yet compatiible with Revit 2010. I recommend contacting KIP as they should have some settings that can be changed in their driver that may help. I apologize that I do not have more information for you.
I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Don Falkowski
Autodesk Support Team

twiceroadsfool
2009-09-24, 03:56 PM
The Response from Autodesk:

I apologize but the KIP drivers may not be as yet compatiible with Revit 2010. I recommend contacting KIP as they should have some settings that can be changed in their driver that may help. I apologize that I do not have more information for you.
I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Don Falkowski
Autodesk Support Team

I dont know which ones were running, but i know theyre not the newest ones. KipAmericas website has some posted this year. July, i think.

douggodfrey
2009-09-24, 04:24 PM
It's not just a KIP issue. I have the same problem with an HP designjet and do the PDF trick, usually after i've wasted a sheet to bring it to my attention.

Kevin Janik
2009-09-24, 04:54 PM
This is similar and might help.

We had a problem plotting PDFs to our KIP 5000 where the images would not plot like in a license stamp. The KIP people came out and loaded some new, I believe, drivers on the KIP plotters and then asked us to use in the Properties Dialog for that printer "Output Format:" "KIP Script" instead of 'Kip GL'. It fixed the problem from Acrobat but only after the plotter updates. We tried it before and it did not work. Perhaps the same might work for Revit 2010. You will need to make sure they load the lastest on the plotter though.

If you need a contact at our local KIP support to tell you what they did, private message me back.

Kevin

twiceroadsfool
2009-09-24, 05:02 PM
Thanks Kevin, ill give that a whirl and will report back. :)