PDA

View Full Version : Missing elevation targets/levels

anthony_panico
2009-09-24, 04:49 PM
To place my building onto a linked AutoCad site plan, I moved my building very far from the origin. I have found out since that this is a very big mistake and has lead to a lot of problems. Now I am not able to find any of my elevation tags/levels. They are still there as the plans exist, but in elevation and section they do not appear. I have gone to zoom to fit and the view shows only the extents of the model. Nothing is hidden and if I turn everything off exept the levels they do not appear. Is there a way to reinsert the level tags for a level that already exists???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

patricks
2009-09-24, 05:20 PM
You should be able to place a scope box around your building to get the levels back if you're in a pinch.

Otherwise, you need to stretch an elevation or section's extents far and wide so that your level datums will cross the view's horizontal extents. Then you should be able to see the levels in that view, so that you can adjust the level's 3D extents over to your building.

For future reference, always keep your building near Revit's origin, and move the CAD survey to fit the building. Link in the CAD survey center-to-center, rotate and move into position, move it in the Z direction to get the elevation right, and then acquire coordinates from the CAD link. That is the preferred workflow.

Some people (myself included) like to go a step further and do a separate site model with the CAD survey and any toposurfaces there. This is then linked into the building model, coordinates acquired, and then the building is linked back into the site model using shared coordinates. This makes things much easier if the building ever has to move or shift up/down on the site.

anthony_panico
2009-09-24, 05:35 PM
Thank you very much, I will try that. I found out the hard way about moving things.
Thanks for the help.

UpNorth
2009-09-24, 05:49 PM
Also, you may need to turn off the Far Clip Plane. I would also just turn off cropping rather than stretch the cropping window over. All this (cropping and clip plane adjustments) still would not work if the "3D" level planes are behind your elevation or section.