PDA

View Full Version : Villa savoye Stairs

s.gard
2009-09-28, 05:29 AM
As part of a research project, I am looking at how parametric can stairs be made in different BIM software. For this I have chosen the stairs from villa Savoye because of its complexity and the fact that this model of stairs is very common in Europe.
I am just wandering if it is possible to model them correctly using the stairs function (to keep the parametric aspect of stairs).
the first difficulty I have come across is making the underside of the monolithic stair smooth. (see attached picture).
Any hints from any stairs guru?

Thanks
Stef

gbrowne
2009-09-28, 08:46 AM
Oww. Tough one. I woud say in place families for the wall, with voids, and a monolithic stair. It will be interesting to see the solutions..

Elmo
2009-09-28, 11:58 AM
Gbrowne I think you pretty much have the simplest solution I can see.

patricks
2009-09-28, 12:25 PM
But would it be parametric as the OP mentioned? I wonder what programs (if any) could make truly parametric stairs in that style.

Andre Carvalho
2009-09-28, 12:40 PM
I'd probably try a monolithic stair and the wall as a profile which is part of the railing system and see what happens...

Andre Carvalho

gbrowne
2009-09-29, 11:55 AM
About the parametric aspect: Is it worth the bother making it parametric if there wont be multiple instances? It doesn't need to be flexible, right?