PDA

View Full Version : revit users

ana.50715
2004-11-12, 07:49 PM
Hello All,

Is anyone out there using Revit? We are thinking to purchase Revit; but I am curios to know who is using Revit , some opinions and suggestions.

Thanks

Ana

tbarnesarc
2004-11-12, 08:45 PM
There a lot of people on AUGI using Revit. I would recommend posting this question in the Revit section. Our firm uses it and I have been using it for about 7 months now. I love it. Easy to learn and very customizable. I was an Archicad user in the past and I have found Revit to be far more superior. I also used and still use ACAD. They work really well together for your consults input and output. Hope that Helps!

Andre Baros
2004-11-12, 08:56 PM
We're in the process of switching to Revit... we've complete 1 project using it, have three projects advanced very far in Revit and several more starting up right now. Based on the results so far we expect to do all future projects in Revit and just finish existing projects in AutoCAD.

Our work is high end residential and institutional. Revit hasn't presented any limitations at either end of that spectrum.

The learning curve varies greatly from user to user... those of us with more AutoCAD experience really struggled at first to get into the Revit mindset but are mostly doing well now. Some of our users (ie. partners) with less AutoCAD experience picked Revit up much more quickly.

fernando
2004-11-12, 11:14 PM
I'm implementing Revit in a office, where almost the user's where ADT advanced user's
but they are converting quickly to all the advanced use of Revit
they specially love all the bidirecionality between the 3D model, and all the schedules, drawing's and all the automatic update. they are working Waite a minor amount of training
after all , is a matter of forget how to do it in AutoCAD, but do it in Revit.