PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Drawing Sets?

barrie.sharp
2009-09-29, 10:04 AM
I have 2 sheets with thirteen views on each. I'd like to duplicate the sheets for a different submission, so to all intent and purposes they need to be the same. I can't select the thirteen views and duplicate a batch. It's a long manual process to do it one by one. Any similar scenarios you've found solutions for?

gbrowne
2009-09-29, 10:39 AM
Might be quicker to change the titlebox or notes or whatever the difference is?

Having said that, duplicating and renaming, if you get stuck right into it, will only take a few minutes really... Just think about doing it in regular ACAD!! :-)

barrie.sharp
2009-09-29, 11:18 AM
... Just think about doing it in regular ACAD!! :-)

ARRRRGHHHH!!!! Take it back :cry: ...Too late, back to the sleepless nights.:(

Well I was hoping it was a job for API. I wish I could program. Just duplicate a Sheet and then add phasing, options, view templstes. Oh to dream. The isssue is that we submit sheets to the client, planners, contractors with slight differences. Mainly view templates. Well, more clickys as usual. Cheers

gbrowne
2009-09-29, 11:27 AM
Don't know nuffin about API. API reminds me of macro's and that reminds me of LISPS and that reminds me of ACAD... Quite frankly, it should work straight out the box..

Elmo
2009-09-29, 12:04 PM
Barrie, why not set something up like this in your template itself? Rather pre-create certian views and view templates?

barrie.sharp
2009-09-29, 12:10 PM
I have phases and options set up in the template with views but I'm sure how I could preempt what views are needed. View sets are rarely the same here.

twiceroadsfool
2009-09-29, 01:33 PM
Im not sure how youre planning on duplicating sheets anyway... Since you cant have duplicate sheet numbers.

josh.made4worship
2009-09-29, 09:39 PM
Yeah, but it would be nice to be able to duplicate a Floor plan 1 sheet and tell Revit to use floor plan 2 for the next sheet (maybe a dialog box comes up when you right click the sheet and click "copy as similiar" or something, and then you can assign the sheet name and number and swap out one view for another)...this way, any legends or drafting stuff that has been put on the sheet could already be on the next sheet.

And like he said, they are rarely the same project to project, so it's really hard to anticipate what exactly you would need in a project template.

barrie.sharp
2009-09-30, 07:46 AM
Any sets for Planning are prefixed with a P, Construction C...

I'm looking to duplicate the the general setup. For instance, I may have a set of existing drawings and want to show the same for the proposed. The sheet identity will change but otherwise I want a copy. The duplicated views can then be assigned a new view template and phase. I do exactly this as a manual process. It then extends to setting up additinal options. Same layout, different model.

Josh has the idea with the copy as similar dialog. It could use a very simpe find & replace function. Where the view name contains 'Existing' replace with 'Proposed' and Revit duplicates the whole set. It would just be nice.

twiceroadsfool
2009-09-30, 12:05 PM
Sadly, i dont think it would ever work as simply as we make it out to be.

But what youre after can generally be set up in your project template. We have sheets already cartooned that have Existing, Demolition, and Proposed work, as well as non con doc sheets for Design presentations.

They all have their view templates, and phase filters set up already. So we just go in and model it correctly, and the sheets plop out. The only thing i can think of that its not doing is placing OTHER details on the sheets. If theyre not job specific details, you could simply place them on the sheets in your template.

if theyre job specific, you can make them out of a Legend or a dependant view (either on the fly OR in your template), and you can be all set.