PDA

View Full Version : Bad, Export. Bad.

aaronrumple
2009-09-29, 08:50 PM
We had (have) an issue where we have a furniture plan we are exporting to AutoCAD. The view is properly set up. However when we export, object end up on the wrong layers based on phasing. Some new ends up on existing layers. The Revit objects are clearly in the correct phase. The view has the correct phase settings.

To make matters worse - each time the file is exported, different objects end up on the existing layer. It seems to be random on each export. Of course this is rather disconcerting...

Anyone else see(n) this?

edaniels
2009-09-29, 11:58 PM
We had (have) an issue where we have a furniture plan we are exporting to AutoCAD. The view is properly set up. However when we export, object end up on the wrong layers based on phasing. Some new ends up on existing layers. The Revit objects are clearly in the correct phase. The view has the correct phase settings.

To make matters worse - each time the file is exported, different objects end up on the existing layer. It seems to be random on each export. Of course this is rather disconcerting...

Anyone else see(n) this?

I have seen something similar recently. I had a few problems with door swings on export to Acad 2000 file format, in addition to a couple of objects that are set to be demo'ed in the current phase i.e. a temparory object to depict a future elevator cab & power unit would rotate from their poisitions. The doors on the other hand were new doors and they would just flip their swings on export, so I had a two exit doors swing in the wrong direction. We never check the layers that the objects exported too as that were not what concerned us. It was fixed by exporting to Acad 2004 or new file format.

Erik

aaronrumple
2009-10-01, 01:37 AM
It was fixed by exporting to Acad 2004 or new file format.

Erik

This was a 2007 export....

Gadget Man
2009-10-01, 02:32 PM
Now, for whatever it's worth, I found that while exporting straight to DWG some elements would "jump" to different positions, if I export first to DXF and then re-save it in ACAD to DWG it's usually perfect... Regardless of the version.

One thing though, I never check for layers, since they don't concern me at all... But may be worth trying...