PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Search Forum

ctc
2009-09-30, 02:10 PM
When attempting to search the forum with any search term greater than or equal to the minimum 3 word length I receive the following message "The search term you specified is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer."

This happens with IE and Firefox.

patricks
2009-09-30, 02:17 PM
works fine for me. What terms are you using? I searched for "walls" in the Search This Forum link at the upper right of the forum index, and I also searched for "structural framing" in the main Search link at the top of the page. Both worked fine.

ctc
2009-09-30, 02:24 PM
works fine for me. What terms are you using? I searched for "walls" in the Search This Forum link at the upper right of the forum index, and I also searched for "structural framing" in the main Search link at the top of the page. Both worked fine.

Existing pad in graded region

patricks
2009-09-30, 02:27 PM
Just take out the "in" from your search string and you'll get lots of results.

ctc
2009-09-30, 02:42 PM
Thanks.

I was thrown off by the inaccuracy of the error message. Does anyone know how I can flag this issue for the managers of this web site?

patricks
2009-09-30, 02:50 PM
I'd be willing to bet that's just a function of the vBulletin forum software. The AUGI website people probably can't do anything about it.

dhurtubise
2009-09-30, 05:45 PM
I'd be willing to bet that's just a function of the vBulletin forum software. The AUGI website people probably can't do anything about it.

Right on Patricks

Railrose
2009-09-30, 05:52 PM
I thought each word had to have at least 4 letters. Either way, if a word in the search is too short, it refuses the whole search.

patricks
2009-10-01, 01:51 AM
I thought each word had to have at least 4 letters. Either way, if a word in the search is too short, it refuses the whole search.

That is a vBulletin setting that can be changed. I'm on other vB forums and it just says too-short words were not included in the search, but it still runs the search string with the other words in the string.