PDA

View Full Version : Architectural Dictionary

BCrouse
2004-11-12, 10:11 PM
It would be good to have an Architectural Dictionary capability with Architectural Desktop. It would allow users to ensure that they are using the correct terminology in their drawings.

Thank you,

Brad

dkoch
2004-11-13, 12:26 AM
Fully customizable, for all the local variations, of course.

BCrouse
2004-11-17, 06:58 PM
Fully customizable, for all the local variations, of course.

This would be fully customizable so the each office can set its own standard for the dictionary.

steve.howatt
2004-11-20, 07:20 AM
Ha, ha. This is one of my favorites: Know what the spell check suggests when it finds the word FASCIA? ... FIASCO!

I agree, though, the dictionary is lacking for Arch. terminology.

Do you know about the DCTCUST sysvar and *.CUS files? You can create your own custom dictionary (CUS file) using Notepad and set the DCTCUST sysvar to it. Beats the OOTB version (DCTMAIN sysvar). There's a little more info in the Help files.

BCrouse
2004-12-14, 09:32 PM
Ha, ha. This is one of my favorites: Know what the spell check suggests when it finds the word FASCIA? ... FIASCO!

I agree, though, the dictionary is lacking for Arch. terminology.

Do you know about the DCTCUST sysvar and *.CUS files? You can create your own custom dictionary (CUS file) using Notepad and set the DCTCUST sysvar to it. Beats the OOTB version (DCTMAIN sysvar). There's a little more info in the Help files.

I agree that it is lacking. That is why I suggested it to be added to ADT in the future!

BCrouse
2005-03-16, 06:08 PM
I agree that it is lacking. That is why I suggested it to be added to ADT in the future!

This seems to be a good idea to have in ADT. It gets my vote

BCrouse
2005-08-08, 09:36 PM
This seems to be a good idea to have in ADT. It gets my vote
This is still on the mind when I do spell check.

david_peterson
2005-08-09, 07:39 PM
It'd be nice if it was also linked (or maybe just based on) CSI format. Then you could set up proper CSI abbreviations.

BCrouse
2005-08-09, 07:48 PM
It'd be nice if it was also linked (or maybe just based on) CSI format. Then you could set up proper CSI abbreviations.
If you like it the idea, please place a rating for it..

Thank you,

Brad