PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 on Citrix

brethomp
2009-10-01, 12:44 PM
Is anyone successfully running Revit 2010 on Citrix?

itsupport
2009-11-09, 12:49 AM
Running Revit 2010 successfully using Citrix XenDesktop.

I can't get Revit 2010 to work using Citrix XenApp though. The same goes with AutoCAD. Can run it fine through RDP, however when using ICA the screen just flickers.

It seems to be because Revit 2010 uses Direct X and Citrix doesn't handle Direct X. It uses OpenGL.

Revit 2009 works fine on Citrix XenApp, however AutoCAD 2009 doesn't. Same as above.

I wish you could just tell Revit 2010 to use OpenGL and have nothing to do with Direct X
- Even the Direct X option is greyed out in the programs options, and it still doesn't work.

Not sure if I can't fix this.

I just wish it would work on XenApp.

Any ideas?

samov
2009-11-09, 07:52 AM
You can try to use Revit 2009. Before 2010 Revit used to be 100% OpenGL.

david.kingham
2009-11-19, 04:05 PM
FYI the new version came out Monday and does work with Revit 2010, we've seen demos and will be testing it out next week. This only works with the nvidia cuda technology to handle the graphics

Running Revit 2010 successfully using Citrix XenDesktop.

I can't get Revit 2010 to work using Citrix XenApp though. The same goes with AutoCAD. Can run it fine through RDP, however when using ICA the screen just flickers.

It seems to be because Revit 2010 uses Direct X and Citrix doesn't handle Direct X. It uses OpenGL.

Revit 2009 works fine on Citrix XenApp, however AutoCAD 2009 doesn't. Same as above.

I wish you could just tell Revit 2010 to use OpenGL and have nothing to do with Direct X
- Even the Direct X option is greyed out in the programs options, and it still doesn't work.

Not sure if I can't fix this.

I just wish it would work on XenApp.

Any ideas?

kingjosiah
2009-11-19, 11:03 PM
...using Citrix XenApp though. The same goes with AutoCAD....

How are you addressing the licensing concerns?

We're starting to look at the Citrix solutions, but need to ensure there is no violation of the EULA. Not really sure how Revit escapes the restrictions imposed on their other products....
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4176059&linkID=9240617

ron.sanpedro
2009-11-20, 12:00 AM
How are you addressing the licensing concerns?

We're starting to look at the Citrix solutions, but need to ensure there is no violation of the EULA. Not really sure how Revit escapes the restrictions imposed on their other products....
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4176059&linkID=9240617

And yet they (Autodesk) have publicly endorsed Parallels Desktop as the prefered virtualization software on Mac. I suspect the left hand doesn't know what the right hand already approved or already banned, and at some point the referenced doc will get a little revision. They opened the bottle and let the virtualization genie out, and there ain't no going back. In the end I think it will be good for them. But it will be an interesting time while the situation settles.

Gordon

TroyGates
2009-11-20, 01:30 AM
Anyone know what the backend system they are using for project twitch? It acts like citrix but appears to be a lot faster. If I could get that kind of speed for remote users, it'd solve tons of speed issues.