PDA

View Full Version : Displaying hidden lines in Loaded families (2010)

drfabinex
2009-10-01, 01:24 PM
I'm having trouble displaying the hidden lines in the components that I insert into my Revit projects.

My company does custom cabinetry, I use Revit to make the parametric cabinet families first and then make a mock-up of the kitchen room walls to fit the cabinets in.

In the end I need to produce shop drawings for the cabinets but I can't get their hidden lines to display.

The "show hidden lines" tool requires you to select the obscuring object and then select the obscured object to display it in hidden line, but components select as a whole entity so there's no way I can find to show the drawer construction as hidden line through the drawer facing when the whole cabinet is inserted as a component.

Any ideas?

tropitech
2009-10-01, 02:31 PM
maybe a graphics problem...

drfabinex
2009-10-01, 03:38 PM
So are you saying that you can see all the hidden lines in your components when you load them into a project?
If so, could you describe how you did it? Maybe I have a graphics problem, but I also just don't know the procedure

bhushanpatil2002
2009-10-06, 02:00 AM
Did you create the new family for cabinet for parametric design? Does it have user defined parameters?

drfabinex
2009-10-08, 01:30 PM
Yes there are many user defined parameters embedded in each component cabinet

patricks
2009-10-08, 04:50 PM
I'm guessing you want to show the inside edges of panels, shelves, etc. as hidden lines in the elevation view, correct? You have a couple of options.

1. In the cabinet families, place symbolic lines of the Hidden Lines type on the faces of your cabinet, and align/lock them to the inside edges of the model geometry.

2. In the project, switch the elevation view to wireframe, then go over the inside faces of the cabinet geometry with the Linework tool. Change the lines to the Hidden line type, then switch back to Hidden Line view. The lines modified with the Linework tool will remain visible.