PDA

View Full Version : Cavity Wall Wrap

adnama
2009-10-01, 10:53 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a cavity wall wrap like this at the end of the wall (see attached). I know it can be done with say a window insert by adding a reference plane within the family to wrap to, but how do I do it at the end of the wall?

Regards

Paul

SUB
2009-10-01, 11:33 PM
hurh?
am I missing something? How can you know the window/door one and not know this one?
property of wall, click edit/new then set wrapping at Ends to Interior. If you have multiple layers on the interior side of the wall and you want to control what wraps or not, go deeper into the assembly, notice the wraps check box behind each layers.

adnama
2009-10-02, 08:08 AM
I cant get this method to work, but thanks for the advice.

ws
2009-10-02, 08:17 AM
I'm no expert but I do spend a lot of time fiddling with wrapping of multi-layered walls.

The wrapping layers have to be outside the core boundaries of course and the check boxes ticked in the wall layers dialog for those layers to wrap but also note that exterior finish should be [4] and interior finish should be [5] with structure [1].

DG at http://www.cadclips.com has a video tutorial somewhere that exhaustively tries out the various combinations of wall layers, their [number] and their effect on wrapping but the logic escaped him - if indeed it exists.

I notice that including the inner leaf in the wrapping can cause interior walls to cross the cavity where they join with the inner leaf and so I often have a drylining layer internally which is set to wrap but the inner leaf of blockwork is not to prevent this.

If I have a really tricky wall end exposed, I might split the wall and alter the wrapping on just the end part.

still.james
2009-10-02, 10:22 AM
you will need to set the wall to wrap at ends, interior.

then from within the wall construction properties, move the blockwork out of the core to the interior side and add a tick in it to wrap.

adnama
2009-10-02, 09:06 PM
Thanks everyone for your help - got it sorted. Used the method suggested by still.james.