PDA

View Full Version : Not showing in viewport... means not created ???

dpasa
2009-10-02, 08:43 AM
This is bad... creating something and showing something is not the same...
I try to make a small circle in a drafting view... the zoom is not too close to the point I want it but since I get the intersection marker everything is OK...
But I get a message that my circle is too small so it cannot be shown in the viewport... OK, no problem... BUT !!! Revit doesn't create the circle...
Creating and showing is the same thing for Revit???

aaronrumple
2009-10-02, 02:12 PM
This is bad... creating something and showing something is not the same...
I try to make a small circle in a drafting view... the zoom is not too close to the point I want it but since I get the intersection marker everything is OK...
But I get a message that my circle is too small so it cannot be shown in the viewport... OK, no problem... BUT !!! Revit doesn't create the circle...
Creating and showing is the same thing for Revit???

You'll get several warnings like this. The one you got was to keep users from making things by mistake. You know - like all the small garbage lines in an AutoCAD drawing. So if the line is too small for you to see, Revit doesn't create it.

However, if you are placing an object in a view where that category is turned off - Revit will go ahead and place the object and tell you that you can't see it.