PDA

View Full Version : Family library upgrade

bob.86982
2009-10-02, 03:11 PM
I just got a new laptop and installed Revit 2010. My old workstation still has the 2008 & 2009 versions on it and each of those has families I have created over that timeframe. How is the best way to get all of my families included in the new program. I found the content batch upgrade utility on the installation disk but it doesn't make it very clear to me how this is supposed to work, and whether I can do this from one computer to the other.

Any help will be much appreciated.

amorie
2009-10-03, 03:44 AM
I just did a whole library upgrade this past weekend, and it worked very well. I suggest you copy your library content to the new computer, placing it all in a discrete single (top) folder (as many subfolders as you need are OK). Place the two files required for the utility in the top folder. Run the bat file by double clicking it. Verify all your files are not read only, (properties of the top level folder, and "Read Only" box is unchecked), then drop the Upgrade_RFA.txt file onto the 2010 Revit icon on your desktop.

After all files have been upgraded, delete the backup files. I did this by searching, in the top level folder, on "*.00", then deleting all listed files. Now your library is updated, and the updated files can be moved into your Revit library, however you have it organized.