PDA

View Full Version : Elevation at Bottom

cbaze
2009-10-02, 11:35 PM
Structural foundations have a "Elevation at Bottom" category parameter but no "Elevation at Top". I made a shared parameter for thickeness of foundation. Is there any way I can use a formula with these two parameters to calculate my "Elevation at Top"? I want to put this in a tag with other information instead of having to use both a tag and a spot elevation.

Munkholm
2009-10-03, 12:45 PM
It can´t be done, since we don´t have access to the "Elevation at Bottom" parameter, from within the family.

But if you make an foundation, which you insert at the base level (ie. 1st floor) at relative elevation 0,000 - you can define shared paramters to control the bottom and top elevation, relative to the 1st floor... and by doing this, you´ll bee able to tag the "bottom elevation" (ie. -1200 mm´s from the relative base level 0,000) and the "top elevation" (ie. -300 mm´s from the relative base level 0,000)

It´s a workaround, but it´s better than manual work ;-)

cbaze
2009-10-05, 06:21 PM
So this means you'd have to make a level at elevation 0 to make your tags read correctly? Then you have to manually hide that level in every elevation and section?

Munkholm
2009-10-05, 06:48 PM
Something like that, unless you have the 1st floor at level 0,0 allready...

It´s by all means not fool proof - but take a look at the attaced file, and see if you can use it. If not, it´s back to using both a tag and a spot elevation... :beer: