PDA

View Full Version : Method for modeling a limestone wall

dstockton
2009-10-05, 12:16 AM
I have a project with an addition that will have a limestone over cmu wall. I have attached a PDF of the type of wall I need to have in my Revit model and I am looking for ideas as to how to model it.
I have used Revit for a few years but have never had to do a wall like this. I don't think the linework tool works in elevation views, so that probably won't work. I am thinking I might have to use very thin reveals, but i am not quite sure how all the angles would work with those.
I would think that someone has modeled this type of wall in Revit and would appreciate any methods you know would work.

Thanks
Daryl Stockton

twiceroadsfool
2009-10-05, 01:33 AM
I have a project with an addition that will have a limestone over cmu wall. I have attached a PDF of the type of wall I need to have in my Revit model and I am looking for ideas as to how to model it.
I have used Revit for a few years but have never had to do a wall like this. I don't think the linework tool works in elevation views, so that probably won't work. I am thinking I might have to use very thin reveals, but i am not quite sure how all the angles would work with those.
I would think that someone has modeled this type of wall in Revit and would appreciate any methods you know would work.

Thanks
Daryl Stockton

Use horizontal Wall Hosted reveals for the lower part, then use a Wall Hosted Generic Model family above and around the arches. itll only have the voids in it (and reference planes/lines, since you canr dimension to the voids). Make the family one *bay* and place three of them, etc.

Thats what i did here:

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49701&d=1202428551

dstockton
2009-10-09, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the help. I will try your method.
I would have replied sooner but I was out of town.

Daryl

patricks
2009-10-09, 06:47 PM
dang I should have done that on a recent project with panels in a pattern like that. I did the pattern on the wall with model lines for the elevation representation, but of course those don't render.