PDA

View Full Version : grids??

pshupe
2009-10-06, 03:44 PM
I have a multi-storey building and I have drawn one floor plan and made all the necessary grids. Now I have gone to the elevation and made levels for the floor plans I need, and copied the level grid line for the levels that are typical.

Now I want the grid lines that I made on the one level to be on the others, which they are not. I tried the copy and "Paste Align" command but it puts different grid numbers in when I paste to another level? Please advise.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards Peter.

brethomp
2009-10-06, 03:55 PM
Grids are a 3D object. Go to an Elevation or Section view and drag the top of the grids up so they cross all of your level lines.

pshupe
2009-10-06, 04:01 PM
ah yes - lightbulb moment! you are right - they do not cross the levels where they don't show up. Thanks.

Is there a way to make them invisible so I can make them look right on the elevations but also show up on my floor plans?? I don't really like showing the grid lines going all the way to the basement level - just a small line at the top would be fine. Thanks again.

Regards Peter.

brethomp
2009-10-06, 04:14 PM
Yep. At the end of each grid is a 2D/3D toggle (blue text when grid is selected). When is 2D mode, it only adjusts in that view.

For elevations there is a quick way to switch them all to 2D. Turn on the cropping of the view, and adjust the crop so that the grids are cropped. Cropped grids are always in 2D mode. Shorten your grids, then change the crop of your view back to normal.

pshupe
2009-10-06, 05:20 PM
Thanks - can you crop both ways or just one? I tried the cropping of the vertical grid lines in the Elevation and it worked great. Then I wanted to do the same for the horizontal ones and it worked also but after turning off the cropped area the vertical ones were back to where they were before. It's not a big deal, just thought it would be good, if you can do it. Thanks again.

Regards Peter.