PDA

View Full Version : section detail to drafting view.

Wagurto
2009-10-07, 12:47 PM
Is there any way to convert a section detail, took from the model and completed with drafting lines, to a drafting view to be reused in other projects?

m20roxxers
2009-10-07, 12:59 PM
Revit extensions tools from the subscription centre.

Freeze drawing command will take care of this.

Wagurto
2009-10-07, 01:04 PM
thank you very much I will try that right now!

Scott Womack
2009-10-07, 07:22 PM
Is there any way to convert a section detail, took from the model and completed with drafting lines, to a drafting view to be reused in other projects?

There is no direct way. My suggestion is to copy all of the 2D information, using the filter to ensure no model components are selected, then past this into a drafting view of the same scale. These drafting views can be used in project after project.

The freeze view creates an AutoCAD drawing that then has to be exploded to be manipulated.

dhurtubise
2009-10-08, 01:19 AM
Gotta go with Scott here. I would redraw over the model elements then copy/paste to a new view.

Wagurto
2009-10-08, 02:39 AM
I already tried the freeze drawing tool and to tell you the true is not a vialble option. A lot of things need to be rework. We need a direct tool for this issue. I hope the factory is taking note of this missing fuctionality.

Arnel Aguel
2009-10-08, 03:01 AM
That is similar to Archicad's feature where model element in a view can be converted into 2d elements. I wish we could have that feature in the near future.