PDA

View Full Version : Masses and Rotate Project North

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-10-08, 03:57 AM
A client is having an issue with masses when they attempt to rotate project north.

Survey info was imported, true north happens to be exactly vertical (up the page) in the survey. Masses were added and walls by face added. The buildings are not square to the page and they want to rotate project north to align with one of the buildings.
When they rotate project north Revit reports numerous errors as the walls disassociate themselves from their masses. The placed walls and mass floors move to the correct orientation but the masses stay where they were originally placed.
I can reproduce this behavior in a new 2010 file, without the survey, and it does not happen in 2009.
Anyone clue me in to what I might be missing or have any idea why the walls would be doing this?
Thanks

Andre Carvalho
2009-10-08, 01:14 PM
I can reproduce this behavior in a new 2010 file, without the survey, and it does not happen in 2009.
Anyone clue me in to what I might be missing or have any idea why the walls would be doing this?
Thanks

Dimitri,

I can reproduce this here in 2010 as well. However, created a mass in Revit 2009, upgraded it to 2010 and then it works in Revit 2010, which makes me believe the source of the problem is with the new mass tool in Revit 2010.

Factory? Are you there?

Andre Carvalho

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-11-18, 05:57 PM
I have filed a support request and they acknowledge that it is a 'reproducible error'. It has been sent to the development team for review.
I'll keep you posted.
In the meantime the trick is to make sure thatyou get your project orientation right before you start placing masses ;)