PDA

View Full Version : Revit Quits Working

Doug
2009-10-08, 11:50 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? I'll be working along and all of a sudden I gert a message that "Revit is not working" and the program quits with out being able to save. And what ever I am working on is LOST!

This is 64bit 2010... I have never had this happen in any other version, before Revit alway gave a chance to save my work.

cliff collins
2009-10-08, 01:08 PM
Do you have all current webupdates/service packs installed? (I believe thare are 2 )

Are you using Direct 3D Hardware accelleration? Try turning it on/off. Also check
your video card compatibility w/ Direct 3D, and make sure you have correct driver installed.

What size files are you working on? If over 200 MB, you will need lots of RAM--
more than 8 GB.

Are more than one person working on the file? Worksets? LAN? WAN?

Does Revit crash on all projects? Or just one particular file?

cheers....

Doug
2009-10-08, 06:08 PM
Do you have all current webupdates/service packs installed? (I believe thare are 2 )

Are you using Direct 3D Hardware accelleration? no Try turning it on/off. Also check
your video card compatibility w/ Direct 3D, and make sure you have correct driver installed. yes

What size files are you working on? 54mbI f over 200 MB, you will need lots of RAM--
more than 8 GB. I have 8GB on my desktop - I can work on the file just fine on my laptop (32 bit) w/ 2GB

Are more than one person working on the file? Worksets? LAN? WAN? NO

Does Revit crash on all projects? Or just one particular file? Not Sure I am a one man band I did have this happen once before on a nother project

cheers....

Thanks Doug