PDA

View Full Version : View elements on a floorplan

adnama
2009-10-08, 11:18 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to show an element on a floorplan which sits above the cuting plane depth. I've changed the View Range to a height which should show a canopy above a door, but it doesn't show on the Level 0 plan.

Any ideas?

Paul

mcaddc
2009-10-09, 01:32 AM
Hi Paul,

I would open the family up, (if it is a family and draw an invisible line down past the cutting plane depth. This should show up your canopy.

Otherwise overlay the level above which shows the canopy and then use the linework tool to select the canopy edges with the type of linework you want shown. Then turn the overlay back off.

Hope this helps!

nancy.mcclure
2009-10-09, 01:49 AM
Paul, while mcaddc's method can resolve this issue for some standard families (casework, furniture) if your canopy is not an .rfa, but a roof element, the 'draw a line' method doesn't apply. The suggestion of using drafting lines over works, as well, but that's additional linework to manage, and unless locked to the element shape, can be a pain to keep coordinated.

I suggest turning on a underlay in your plan's View Properties. Set the underlay to the same level, but use the ceiling plan orientation. Then filter what you see through Visibility Graphics (ie: turn off categories not desired except the category of your canopy, and perhaps make the surface pattern of it Not Visible, etc). I also like to override the graphics so the edges of my ceiling/roof is dashed, as well.

Hope this helps

cliff collins
2009-10-09, 12:54 PM
You could also use a Plan Region around the object and set the View Range to allow
it to appear in the Plan View.

cheers..........