PDA

View Full Version : Wall wrap problem

dstockton
2009-10-09, 02:17 PM
In my project I have some exterior walls with tight angle and thick walls. I am having a problem getting the walls to wrap correctly.

I have tried the join modify tool, tried adjusting the wall snaps, and changed the location lines.

I have attached a Revit project file of the walls in the configuration I am working with. If someone could tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.

Daryl Stockton

still.james
2009-10-09, 05:20 PM
hi you can get the result you want, but you will need to split the bottom wall. and then drag the ends.

please see attached file

dstockton
2009-10-09, 05:23 PM
Thanks James.
There was no file attached.

still.james
2009-10-09, 05:23 PM
i had to change browsers to upload, didnt have the option when typing in Opera (is attached now)

also i forgot to add, when you split the wall, disallow joins for both side in the middle.

still.james
2009-10-09, 06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4BbC5kFD0

hopefully that makes it clearer

dstockton
2009-10-09, 06:10 PM
It definitely did. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Daryl

patricks
2009-10-09, 06:33 PM
Perhaps this is the solution I was looking for on a similar question/post yesterday. Wonder why it works after splitting the wall?

*edit* I tried it with the splitting and disjoining, and I still couldn't get the left corner to look right. I also couldn't get the 2 walls to join back together to a single wall.

still.james
2009-10-09, 06:45 PM
Perhaps this is the solution I was looking for on a similar question/post yesterday. Wonder why it works after splitting the wall?

*edit* I tried it with the splitting and disjoining, and I still couldn't get the left corner to look right. I also couldn't get the 2 walls to join back together to a single wall.

i know the reason for this, it is to do with how the wall was drawn in the first instance, Revit is a fussy sod!

i will show you what i mean with the power of youtube again, as explaining i will get in a right mess

still.james
2009-10-09, 07:14 PM
see the attached youtube video, in basic terms if you get at a funny wall join that isnt working it is due to that 'revit' seems to remember what way you drew the wall.

so if you draw the wall to the opposite way you have done it, 99% of the time it will work.

believe me, i often sit scratching my head at some of the wall joins i get, but im a persistant bugger and keep trying till something works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTwXQe9VoAc

Munkholm
2009-10-10, 08:50 PM
Actually... Nine of ten times, it can be solved by simply clicking on the wall handles (the blue grips)
This saves you from splitting the walls :beer:

http://www.screencast.com/users/Munkholm/folders/Jing/media/72ea2a88-74dd-431e-a0c9-e528dc12b611

sthedens
2009-10-12, 07:49 PM
i will show you what i mean with the power of youtube again, as explaining i will get in a right mess

too bad we have office internet police. youtube is scrictly forbidden. too many users abusing it watching jacka$$ videos.