PDA

View Full Version : Level order

adnama
2009-10-09, 07:13 PM
Hi,

Is there any way to change the order of the Levels in the project browser. I would like to order them so that higher levels are at the top of the list.

Regards

Paul

twiceroadsfool
2009-10-09, 07:20 PM
Assuming your views are named in such a fashion that reflects the Elevation or Level Datum Number, as ours are, you can go in to the Broswer Organization and Change the Filter so that View Names are listed in Descending instead of Ascending order. You just cant do it for the default "Views: All" Setting. But you can make one called "Views: All descending"

Since out Levels are all named starting with their Corresponding NCS Level Datum Number, this works perfectly.

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-10-10, 05:00 PM
I agree with Aaron that flexible and consistent naming conventions are the best approach.

If you want to keep your view names as they are you can also sort based on Associated Level
At the bottom of the folder tab you can select Associated level and descending then your plans will sort from uppermost level to lowest level regardless of how they are named.

twiceroadsfool
2009-10-10, 07:11 PM
I agree with Aaron that flexible and consistent naming conventions are the best approach.

If you want to keep your view names as they are you can also sort based on Associated Level
At the bottom of the folder tab you can select Associated level and descending then your plans will sort from uppermost level to lowest level regardless of how they are named.

Good call Dimitri. I forgot you could even change that Filter field, hahaha...